Sunday 22 March 2009

WeLcoMe

WeLcoMe.

Seven characters word. seven is a mystical number associated in most society around the world. This seven character word is the first word i type in my very first posting for my very first blog. This blog also created and born on a windy and cloudy spring sunday morning. the seventh day of the week. What a coincidence. Luckily i was not born on the 7th.:). Do not ask me why i choose this seven characters word to be appear as a first word in my very first posting.
Perhaps, it was embedded in our culture (typical malaysian) to say welcome to our guest. I am also aware that 'welcome' can be interpreted differently by different group of people. For me, 'welcome' means you are most welcome to visit, read and give your response to my future posting. 'Welcome' means you are most welcome to express your own opinions. 'Welcome' means you are allow to say anything you like, however it must come with responsibility and respect to others. That is my definition of welcome.
Shameful and FunnY!
Its a shame as well as a funny things to admit. First, as a lecturer in media studies I've been discussing about blog with my undergraduate students, few of them took the extra miles by choosing blog as a research topics in writing their academic exercise. You may say, well there is nothing shameful and funny about that. Tell you the truth, the funny things is I don't even have my own blog!
Second, I love reading my wife blog! I envy her because she can write interesting topics no matter how small the subject is. Again, you may say, what a big deal about that? The truth and you may find funny is, I teach my undergraduate student how to write!, not only how to write news but also how to produce fantastic articles! but at the same time I only write occasionally.
Perhaps, this two admissions serve as a very good ice breaking for myself. With this blog (again, shame and funny because it was my wife who teach me how to create this blog!..poor me), first, I can now tell my students proudly..'look, i do have my own blog'.Second, I don't have to envy my wife anymore.:)
MySpectacles.
I choose this as a name for my blog. MySpectacles, i means from my own perspective. That's it!
This blog created for few reasons;
First to serve as a platform that I believe may help me in my research. I'll post anything about my research from my very own perspective and hoping that someone out there that include you who is reading this blog right now, to give constructive comments that will very much help me.
Second, I'll use this blog to share my perspective about Scotland. I'll be here for three (3) years which I think a plenty of time to explore and understand about Scotland. I'll write about its people, places, weather and anything that I think interesting.
God willing, I'll be able to do that.
last but not least..., welcome to Myspectacles and please 'welcome' me to this blog world.

3 comments:

  1. that's great Latif...welcome to the blogger world...hehehe...normal bah tu...ndak sempat berblog kan...

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) wah wah wah... dah siap rupanya...tadak ke elaun tutorial?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Latif,

    Welcome to the blogging world!

    From a seasoned and veteran blogger (hahahaha!).
    Rem

    ReplyDelete